Sir Leo Hielscher Bridges
Brisbane's Gateway Bridge and its duplicate was renamed the Sir Leo Hielscher Bridge in 2010 after Sir Leo who joined the public service in 1942 and will soon retire as chairman of the Queensland Treasury Corporation. The bridges are the most eastern crossing of the Brisbane River and run between Eagle Farm and Muarrie. The original bridge was finished in 1986 and the new duplicate built in 2010.
Image courtesy of Brisbane Marketing