Brisbane Childcare Centres and Programs
The Office for Early Childhood Education and Care believe that a child’s participation in quality early childhood education lays the basis for their future successes in life and learning. This is why the Queensland and Australian Governments are investing up to $900 million so that all children across the state will have access to kindergarten services. By the year 2014 there should be an extra 240 kindergarten services in Queensland.
Currently child care facilities are offered by both private businesses and not for profit community bases organisations. All kindergartens operate on a fee basis however there can be some variance in price. Child care in Queensland is varied. For more information you might like to contact the the Office for Early Childhood Education.
Child Care Types
The types of care available as stipulated by the Department of Families are as follows
- full day care at a centre
- part day care at a centre
- casual care at a centre
- full day care in family day care
- part day care in family day care
- care for children of rotating shift workers
- work related evening care
- occasional care
- weekend care in a centre
The facilities cater for a range of childhood age groups, including:-
- community kindergartens for 3-5 year olds
- preschools for 4-5 year olds
- outside school hours care
The type of in-home child carers varies, such as:-
Child care facilities are offered by both private businesses and community based, non-profit organisations. Both charge fees, although the fees may be lower for community facilities. All facilities are licensed by the Department of Families and information relating to both can be obtained from the Child Care Information Service.
If you wish to obtain information relating specifically to Community based services, contact the Creche & Kindergarten Association of Queensland on 1800 177 092 or visit their website.
Brisbane childcare links
- Creche & Kindergarten Association of Queensland
- Department of Communities(Qld Govt)
- Department Social Services
- Australian Children's Education & Care Quality Authority